- Over 50,000 people have signed to Stand Up For Tibet. Have you?
Add your name now and help us stand together with the people of Tibet calling for their right to live in peace and freedom
- Governments around the world have voiced strong criticism about situation in Tibet.
Calling on China to Stop the Crackdown in Tibet. View the countries that have spoken out and join us in demanding more Governments Stand Together for Tibet.
- Help build government pressure on China to end the violent crackdown in Tibet.
We have made it easy. Simply follow six simple steps to Make a Call for Tibet.
- View a gallery of faces supporting Tibet.
- Desmond Tutu, Joanna Lumley, Radiohead, Richard Gere are just a few of the nobel laureates, celebrities and politicians who have signed to Stand Up For Tibet.
- Unrelenting self-immolation protests across Tibet:
China's harsh policies in Tibet, restricting freedoms and basic human rights, have intensified Tibetan grievances and exacerbated the resentment felt across Tibet.
This growing tragedy, if left unchecked, could spiral even further into a nation-wide crisis.
Sixty years of China’s rule has created a crisis in occupied Tibet. Repressive policies and the severe crackdown have provoked an unprecedented wave of self-immolations by Tibetan monks, nuns and laypeople, the vast majority of whom have lost their lives.
A surge in resistance protests, with demonstrators calling for freedom in Tibet and the return of the Dalai Lama, were met with Chinese security forces opening fire on peaceful demonstrators, killing at least five Tibetans and seriously injuring many more. To learn more, read our online publication Resistance in Tibet: Self-Immolation and Protest.
We demand a coordinated international response by world leaders to condemn China’s repressive measures in the affected regions and across Tibet, and to institute multi-lateral mechanisms to advocate for the Tibetan people.